Highlights Day 1
“We lit the fire, other people are nurturing the fire. Others are watering the seed” (BaliSpirit Festival Co-founder and Cultural Liaison I-MadeKadek Gunarta).
Held in Ubud, Bali, the 5th annual BaliSpirit Festival is the region’s most popular yoga, music and dance event, and one of the top 5 yoga festivals in the world (South China Morning Post).
The five day and four night event attracts over 6000 guests, local and international presenters from the yoga and wellness world, world-class musicians, and presents expansive workshops, live music and electric dance events.
BaliSpirit Festival Dailies capture the top highlights of each day’s activities.
Top Blog Posts
- The auspicious opening of the 5th Annual Bali Spirit Festival at the Arma Museum in Ubud was the event not to miss.
- The first day of the Festival felt like Christmas to Bex Tyrer. Read more about her impressions.
- Remember the Hindu myth of how Parvati won the heart and respect of Shiva? Emily Kuser reminded the audience of this beautiful story and used it to guide her class through conscious awareness of entering poses slowly.
- Richard Horstman reflects on the night of beautiful spiritual chanting and Kirtan at Yoga Barn.
- Hannah Cox experienced the intense workout at the Yogathon fundraiser. She spoke to the organisers about the resounding successes of the project which helps raise money to slow the spread and end the stigma attached with living with HIV & Aids.
- Becky Wick’s jewellery box now has a piece that has been made under the programme to give the Kerobokan Prisoners the chance to work. You can get one too.
Video Day 1
Written by : Till